Monday, September 17, 2007

Thoughts While Sitting.............countdown to Armageddon

I ate brunch at the shelter Sunday........delicious as always. As I was leaving I saw this homeless guy, long beard, long hair...dirty and disheveled, pushing a stroller with two beautiful little girls of about two years old......both curly haired, one blonde and one red. They seemed to have missed brunch.

I walked about 59 yards thinking how hungry two little girls were, living on the street and almost cried at the unfairness. I had $10 left to my name and decided to give it to them for food. Really.

I started to talk to the parents, mom having come back by then. The father ignored me, the girls played in the dirt at the side of the Goodyear Store. I asked if they had missed breakfast....the father, said no they had gone to the front of the line. I asked if they were twins and told the mom they were very cute. The parents seemed to be more concerned about getting out a cigarette, and seemed to be “OK”. I kept my $10....my last money for two weeks.

As I waited for the crossing light at the corner and young mom tuned the corner with her young child in a car seat........she was driving a new BMW. Uh huh.

No comments: