Sunday, October 05, 2008

Monsoon Season

Finally, the rains of Autumn are here. It has been a long, hot, dry summer! I have never understood those who feel the need for 90F+ weather. Perhaps if you summered on the beach, a lake, or owned a nice boat, it would be enjoyable. But when you don't, or even have AC, I find it annoying.

Now four to five months of rain may seem gloomy, but then so does -20 below zero, 32 inches of snow! This past winter, this being my second, will be snow free for the first times in my life....having been born in Syracuse, NY and attended college in Oswego, NY. In Oswego, 3 - 5 feet in one storm, (overnight) was not unusual. Today, it is difficult to imagine.

Time to buy a new umbrella, and or a rain suit. I wish I had kept my golfing rain suit. Oh well.

Time to watch the rain out my window, and a movie on my TV!

No comments: