Friday, February 26, 2010

NBC Sports Sucks




Waiting for the Gold Medal Women’s Figure Skating to show up last night, I was forced to watch cross-country skiing, freestyle, and numerous other activities I had no interest in. Then at 11:00 PM (I am in the Pacific Time Zone), NBC finally has the Skating take place until 12:15 AM!

This is outrageous, all the hockey games, etc are on cable only (I sincerely doubt that 90% of folks have cable TV). Why can’t NBC state what sports are on at a specific time, rather than force people to watch for 5 hours? Why can’t they broadcast the Olympics in real time, day and night? All the other networks show reruns for the two weeks of the Olympics, assuming, no one is watching their regular shows, so the sports may as well be on 16 hrs/day!

I also get the Universal Sports Channel that is on 24/7 and owned by NBC…what do they show? News interviews and qualifying events from two weeks before the Olympics!

NBC Sports just sucks!

No comments: