Saturday, March 18, 2006

Nature? What the hell?

OK, I started hiking out in mother nature......Michigan's version that is. I bought an annual Metro Parks Pass ($20). The nearby Stoney Creek Metro Park is a good size, a big lake, tails, boat rental, a golf course, etc. It evidently also has a nearby offsite shooting range. On my last hike, I thought I was in Bosnia or Iraq. These two idiots a shotgun and .22 must have fired 1000 rounds during my hike. It was highly annoying.

Today I went to a small nature center. No guns, but traffic noise was clearly heard. Then just after spotting two white tail deer, parents with screaming kids showed up, closely followed by a couple with two dogs......dogs in a nature area? What the hell?

I can see now that quiet is not something I'll see (unlike in Colorado, where you can be miles from other humans), until I go up north perhaps to the UP?

No comments: