Friday, July 18, 2008

What is the Appeal of Sidewalk Eating?




I have never understood the appeal of dinning on a sidewalk. What do people say to themselves, "Let's eat out in the hot sun with the bugs and pooping birds?" "I want to be seen and see the people who are not eating, look at my food and watch me chew." Yeah that's it......not!

I suppose this is supposed to be European or something. but most sidewalk eating is simply tables and chairs crowding the 5 foot wide sidewalk. (How do they get away with that, aren't the sidewalks public?) It is not like there is a private patio, closed off with a railing with shade umbrellas or awnings. The smoking laws also allow smoking in these venues, so of course nonsmokers won't be sitting there.

Oh did I mention the critters? Squirrels, birds, and of course dogs! Pit bulls and the oh so rare Labs and Retrievers. Yeah I want to eat with peoples dogs!

Sidewalk Cafes are disgusting!

No comments: