Friday, December 19, 2008

Damn Grinches Stole My Christmas Presents !




OK, the nice social agency that helped me get my nice warm studio apartment, brought over a shopping bag full of goodies, ranging from toiletries, clothes, food items, gift cards, etc.

Except the greedy "Grinchs" that live in the building, pawed through the bags and took what they wanted for themselves, then left the leftovers for others...like me!

I wouldn't have even known, except that my neighbor brought me my bag, and I went down to thank the agency folks. Then I watched several people take stuff out of their bags. So I went upstairs and looked at mine. Opppssss, no food, 50% of items on the list attached to the bag were missing, the sweatshirt was a woman's medium, etc.. Uh huh.

I fumed and flamed about this overnight, then went to the office and fained, embarrassment, asked what I could do about it. I was told to go to the main agency office and get another bag. So I went with what didn't fit or I didn't need, and the nice folks got me new stuff.

Then today...I'm still pissed off, OK...found out that not only did people (Grinchs) paw through bags taking what they liked...some took two or three bags!

How low can one go but to steal from someone else who is also unfortunate? Like the people who got no bags at all?

No comments: