Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Protest or Revolution?

I have been blogging and tweeting about the Iran unrest. It reminds me of “letters to the editor” I wrote back in the mid 1960’s in regards to the anti-war protestors and hippies swarming over the college campus.

Unlike the mindless scum that protested the war in Vietnam, those pawns of Communism and the Soviet Union, the protestors in Iran appear to be self-evolving, rather than the puppets of outside agitators. As the killing of unarmed Iranians continues and perhaps intensifies, the evil that are the Ayatollahs and their oppressive regime become more evident.

From western eyes the ayatollahs are far worse that the Shah that they replaced and a good example to westerners of the rationale of separating religion and politics. I know I don’t want my life, thoughts, actions, and beliefs micromanaged.

No comments: