Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Evaluation, Judgement and Authority

OK, as the title suggests, I don't like to be evaluated nor judged. It goes back to my father and childhood. If I got a report card with 4 "B"s, 1 "C", and an "A"..he would yell at me to get all "A"s, like I was retarded or a slacker. It didn't take a lot of effort to get "B"s...and really not that much to get all "A"s. Who cares? What does it get you...in my case, nothing!

I never liked being reviewed for raises, promotions, or hell even job interviews! I know what I am capable of, why should I have to always prove it! OK, I also hate competition. Being above average in most things, greatness was mostly constant practice at one thing. I never cared enough to practice nor to prove anything to anyone! I finished graduate school with a 4.0 GPA in my program: am 4 courses short of an MBA with a 3.75 GPA...I started and finished graduate school in my early 50's. I have never gotten a job based on my college degrees, nor a raise. What I got was unemployed and homeless!

Today, I have to prove to the Apartment Manager that I have no income or assets! That is more difficult than you may think. What forms can you show to prove you have nothing? The entire process makes me go ....DUH! Fortunately, medication helps!


PS:

I went round and round over my bank statement of 5 months ($12 balance all 5 months).....she wants another month to "prove" I have no assets! Shoot me now!

No comments: