Sunday, August 02, 2009

Hell No, This Ain't No Hood!

I live in the "Cultural District" of Portland, Oregon. Across the street is Portland State University, a few blocks away is the Art Museum, Historical Museum, the Concert Hall, Central Library, etc. A block away is the Benson Tower Condos that start at $250,000 for a studio up to over a million dollars for a penthouse. As you can see this is hardly a ghetto or the hood, yet in the last six months pimps, hookers, drug dealers, etc. have invaded the area. While some moved into low cost apartments, most don't live here, or are friends of those who do.

Last Friday I saw two black guys about forty, dressed in their ghetto finest with fanned out bills of at least $3,000 - $5,000 each in hundred dollar bills, shuffling down the street singing "We're pimping in America", over and over. I can look out my window and even in broad daylight, can see drug deals going on. Black dudes in "Caddies" with under age young white girls..."hoes"...get picked up on the corner across the street, near the $1000/kid/mo preschool!

OK, play the race card, you liberal air heads, but the crimes are done by blacks in a mostly white neighborhood. Racist? I don't care, I don't want drug dealers, pimps, and alcoholics in front of my building. If they were green, I whine about the ghetto green guys...but they aren't...they are the stereotypical blacks who have $5,000 in cash and I don't!

No comments: