Friday, September 11, 2009

Fuddy Duddy Helping Liberals, Oh My!

Watching a local news piece about helping starving orphans in Kenya, I noted that all the "do gooders" were white liberals, trying to save the world. Just a few weeks ago I wondered what makes people want to do good, save the world, and help the poor downtrodden? Now I know...white liberal, affluent Christians, from a similar background!

I also know why I have never felt that way. I have never been a Liberal! Republican and conservative since high school, in the mid 1960's, I despised liberals, hippies, war protesters, peaceniks, save the whale types, all my life! I guess it is also why you never see a Muslim Charity, Asian, or a Republican Conservative say, "I want to make things better for humanity!"

Liberals, like "Soccer Mom's", are something only a few aspire to!

No comments: