Monday, November 02, 2009

"House of Death" ....strikes again!

My apartment community for seniors, which I call the "House of Death" due to the high number of deaths from old foggies , who should be in a nursing home, has yielded another victim on Halloween!  A 62 year old heroin addict OD'd.  I was in college during the 1960's......... didn't do drugs or hang with people who did.  Now, all the druggies from that era are still druggies, and many live in my building!  Very annoying to say the least.

I have a difficult time garnering any sympathy for meth addicts, alcoholics, or any other type of addict.  What ever happened to "personal responsibilty"?  What happened to jail?

Aside from the deaths....at least 10 in the 18 months I've lived there, there are also several ambulance trips per week, mostly by a select few!  My hypocondriac neighbor went twice in three days last week for relatively nothing.  Have insurance, abuse the insurance!

No comments: