Saturday, January 24, 2009

Got that 3 Day Kit Yet?

I remember my first "Survival Kit". I waited three days before New Years Eve that became 2000. I figured sure, why not, I can always use things for camping, eat the food, drink the water, etc.

Uh huh. I went to Walmart, Target, Cabala's, Dicks, and numerous stores, it took me hours and many trips. Why? Because everywhere was out..out of bottled water, camp stoves, batteries, etc. I eventually got the core of my "Kit". I've had it through 9/11, through my bout with homelessness, and still maintain a small pack for bugging out if needed.

My lesson, don't wait until the crisis hits, it will be too late. Don't count on family or friends to save you, and even more the useless Federal Government, aka, FEMA. Remember Katrina three years ago...it's still not fixed.

Take a weekend, get your kit now.

American Red Cross

Ready.Gov

No comments: