Friday, January 30, 2009

There Will Be Blood




Last night in our building there was an "incident". So and so fell and hit his head last night on a table and was confused. Uh huh. Each apartment has two emergency cords to summon help....nope, not used. Five police officers, ambulance, and the fire rescue all said it was serious.

So after letting the "old farts" by the fireplace, blather on and on about it for an hour, I decided to go look for myself. Bad idea.

The elevator doors opened to a slaughter house of blood and gore. It was soaked into the carpet in pools, splashed on the ceiling, and all over the walls and railing leaked gore! Put it all in a bottle and I would say a full quart...minimum.

I've seen some blood when my son slit his wrists in a suicide attempt. That was all the blood I care to see. This third floor event was 20X worse. Fall, I doubt it. Knife attack or a claw hammer....more likely.

Will we ever know the truth? Are other residents in danger? Does the Landlord have a responsibility to tell us what really happened? Stay tuned for developments.

1-31-09

Blood all gone! The victim maintains he "fell" and required 28 stitches. The landlord is sending him a bill for over $2,000 for replacement of the carpet, paining, and hazmat cleanup! Uh huh.

No comments: