Monday, January 19, 2009

Obamanation





I like Obama. I really do, and his daughters are cute, but I have reservations about the wife. Time will tell.

Prior to his election, I felt that Blacks in America were getting too much exposure in TV commercials, movies, news reports and even reporters. It appeared that they were equal in numbers to White, rather than the 13% of the population they represent.

This may seem racist, yet the majority minority....Hispanics, doesn't show up in every TV commercial, have their own Network (BET) or attempts to dominate everyday life from the Oscars, Golden Globes, Grammy awards (They have their own Black Entertainment Awards for all this on top of the "general awards) Blacks influence on TV, Films, Music, etc. far exceeds their respective numbers in America.

I doubt that only I notice this, but yet do not see or hear Hispanics or Asians whine and complain about this emphasis on one minority.....a minority that is not even the largest minority.

Here in the NW, Asians out number Blacks, and Hispanics out number both. Yet in yesterday's Sunday paper, the editors of this "Left Coast City" moaned on the lack in diversity of the city's 74% white population. Huh?

Myself, I am still looking for "White People Land". I used to live there, unknown to me at the time. Several Cities that were 98% white, none of which whined about the lack of diversity or cheered their " whiteness".

After tomorrows inauguration, I am afraid the USA is in for a major "Blackout".

No comments: