Monday, November 19, 2007

NW Rain...Holiday Madness...& Blessings?





Yeah it's raining...again...duh! The holiday madness has began. It is way too early for Xmas decorations, trees in home windows, lights, etc. But since the economy is tanking...again, the retailers have to get all the sales they can!

The day shelter I go to is overcrowded...again. Lots of Thanksgiving dinners available this week! Yum, Yum.

The best part of the holidays? No family to mess it up...no compromising, whining, putting up with family crap...aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh! The first holidays alone in 40+ years! I LIKE IT!

Got my TB card which gets me into the shelters and 3X the food stamps than when I worked and had a kid to feed! I also saw a doctor who declared me disabled, and got me free meds for pain!

I went to "My Fathers House" church service again. It is really uplifting! An attractive young women testified of her faith during a long financial crisis. I felt bad for her, and wanted to help, then realized I am so broke myself...LOL! I haven't had money since 10-01-07. I never would believe that you could get along without money for almost two months.

But, I guess I am blessed. I got a new high tech "Columbia" coat Saturday, have a dry place to "camp" , a warm sleeping bag, etc. I would be middle class in a third world country!

No comments: