Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Insane, The bad, and the Ugly!





OK, 2 out of 10 homeless are bonkers! They talk to themselves and argue with pigeons. And I mean long convoluted discussions about things like time travel, lawyers, politics, history (according to them), etc. Wow!

Then about 4/10 smell....like crap or garbage or all things that stink! Come on, whats being poor and homeless got to do with being dirty? All the places offer free showers (soap, shampoo, etc.)...there are tons of free clothes. ( Don't do laundry, since I have no money, I get free clean clothes! Today I had a shower and put on all new clean clothes. I put the old ones on the dumpster to "recycle"!

I previously mentioned many homeless look like TV or movie stars like Martin Lawrence or Jack Black......well then there are the "ugly", and I mean scary ugly people you don't want to look at while eating or see in a dark alley. Whoa Nelly!

Then there is the pack rats....people with so much crap they fill a stolen shopping cart, bike trailer, or the biggest backpack ever made! Many have those little luggage carts or shopping carts that are filled to the gills with crap! I arrived with a medium tote and a backpack. Within a few days, I ditched the tote and a lot of crap...now I am down to my backpack and blankets, and I am tired of dragging the blankets around. Nothing says "homeless" like carrying a sleeping bag or blankets roll!

Still no word on my "bookstore" rehire, a mere formality...NOT! I have been here one month to the day, and if I don't get the job, I may go elsewhere.

No comments: