Saturday, December 08, 2007

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown "



OK, I have a bed for four months in a shelter...and I live in "Chinatown". Got inside last night, just in time, last night was windy and 28F. Now, it's clear and sunny, but cold...at lest for here. but hey, there is 6" of snow in Colorado Springs, and supposed to snow through Tuesday! Uh Huh.

Lots of rules like no drugs, drinking (even off site), but a slighter better class of people instead of being around belligerent drug addicts, tweakers, crack whores, and meth addicts. Free clothes, showers, nightly meal, and TV, even movies! I have a top bunk back in a dark corner! Perfect for me, I put in my ear plugs, and silence! Only the third time since September 28th, that I have slept inside.

Monday I have an appointment with my "case worker" to expand the apartment search out of downtown, so I can get into someplace "permanent" by New Years! Ho ho ho, to me!

No comments: