Friday, July 24, 2009

Here is a Thought

I'll admit it, sometimes I watch "The 700 Club" with Pat Robertson. They have good world news and insights. So watching today made me think of something I've never seen in PDX.

PDX is home to more "homeless" (bums, transients, dirt bag druggies), and a few actual homeless due to the recession, than any city in America! These people gather in groups, pan handle, and get high, most have pit bull dogs and dress in almost a costume. Sad, very sad...but to them it's a "lifestyle".

What I've never seen in PDX is Evangelical Christians going person to person trying to save them, and have them meet Jesus Christ. Perhaps this is done unseen by my eyes, but something makes me think it doesn't happen at all. There are over 400 non-profits here, more I am sure than even down-trodden Detroit, so that the thinking is "others are saving them". I also imagine that being saved is mostly rejected by these folks.

One feeling I have, is that the real hardcore street scum are the spawns of SATAN! Just a thought.

No comments: